Personal and Non-Personal Information Collected
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual. We collect personal information in the following circumstances:
- When you register to become a Just One Chesed user (“User”): Your name, e-mail, phone number, and a user created password.
- When you build your profile: Optional information provided by a user such as your skills, interests, friends, general location, and photo. Your information is made viewable to local nonprofit groups and other Users who are seeking people interested in helping and making a difference in your local communities.
- When you volunteer time: Number of hours volunteered, what nonprofits and volunteer communities you belong to, and what volunteering events you are attending.
- When you donate to an organization: the amount of your donation, whether you want it to remain anonymous to the public that you gave to that organization, your email (if you aren’t already a User), and your credit card information for transactional purposes (see Security section below for more information).
Non-personal information means information including, but not limited to, your browser type, the URL of previous web pages you visited, your operating system, and Internet protocol (IP) address. The non-personal information is not used by us to personally identify you and is not readily usable for that purpose. We may use analytic and reporting technologies to record non-personal information to assist you during support interactions or to gain knowledge and best develop our product to meet our customer’s needs.
Uses of Personal Information
We use the information you provide to:
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users.
- Administer your account and customize the service we provide to you and other Users.
- Send you service or promotional communications through email and notices on the Just One Chesed website.
- Connect you to opportunities by enabling nonprofits and other users to find you on Just One Chesed.
Our general policy is to not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except under the following limited conditions:
(a) We have your consent to share the information;
(b) We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested or contractually agreed to;
(c) We need to transmit the information to third parties who work on behalf of Just One Chesed to provide a product or service. In this instance we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the product or service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose;
(d) To protect and enforce our legal rights or enforce the legal rights of a third party, or as we in good faith believe we are required to do so by law (such as to comply with a subpoena or court order, for example).
Your Information Choices
- Review, enhance or edit your personal information through your personal profile page.
- Change your settings to control visibility and accessibility through our website.
- Tell us to close your Just One Chesed account via Justonechesed.org.
- Opt out of email messaging using the “opt out” option in the email footer.
Your Obligations to Other Users
- Many of our Users are schools, colleges, and universities (hereinafter “Schools”) that are subject to privacy requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) (“FERPA”). FERPA is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all educational agencies and institutions that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are “eligible students.”
- Just One Chesed is committed to providing a platform that allows these Schools to remain in compliance with FERPA by not disclosing any FERPA-protected information permissibly posted on our site by Schools. Schools are solely responsible for determining which information may be lawfully posted and for sending the information to post on Just One Chesed’s site privately so that only their school, college, or university may see their post without the consent of the student. Additionally, we record the affiliation with that School on the Just One Chesed platform such that the student becomes a User of Just One Chesed and a “member” of that School’s volunteer community. This information can be seen by any other users outside of that School’s volunteer community. Because the student will be a User on the Just One Chesed platform, the student may receive messages from other organizations or Users seeking volunteers. At such time, the student’s basic information, as described above, will be available to all other Just One Chesed Users. The student may at any time contact their School’s administrator and ask to have their privacy set to “Hidden” which will prevent such information from being displayed to all other Users on the Just One Chesed site.
- By providing student directory information to Just One Chesed, Schools represent that they have received consent to share such directory information from either the student, if the student is over 18 years of age or otherwise considered an “eligible student,” or from the student’s parent or guardian as required by FERPA.
Children and Privacy
The Just One Chesed Service is not intended for users under the age of thirteen (13). By signifying your acceptance of the Just One Chesed Terms and Conditions or making any use of the Just One Chesed Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age.
Cookies of Third-Party Providers
- Facebook pixels: Using Just One Chesed may involve data collection via the implementation of Facebook pixels. If you’d like to opt out of having your data collected by Facebook pixel, you can do so here: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads
- Facebook guarantees compliance with the GDPR through its Privacy Shield Agreement certification: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active
- Credit card and/or bank account information collected is purely for transactional purposes and is stored securely within a fully PCI compliant third-party provider in a fully encrypted manner. No access to this information is available to the Just One Chesed team. We can only see that we have charged your card or bank account and that you are a customer of ours.
- Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology best practices. Since no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Just One Chesed. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We are not responsible for the unauthorized acts of others and we assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access (such as through hacking) or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
California Users of Just One Chesed:
To learn more about the California Consumer Privacy Act and how it applies to you, please visit the California Attorney General’s website.
Right to know: You have the right to request that we disclose the data we collect, use and disclose, and other information relating to data we collect about you.
Right to delete: You have the right to request the deletion of data that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to non-discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising the rights listed above.
You may submit a request to know or delete via email@example.com.
Only you, or someone you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete your data. An authorized agent may make a request on your behalf by providing written permission signed by you.
We will need to confirm your identity before processing your request by asking you to log into your existing account (if you are a registered user) or by asking you for additional information, such as a government issued ID, to confirm your identity against information we have already collected.
If you are a registered Just One Chesed User under the age of 18, you may request, via firstname.lastname@example.org, and obtain removal of content or information publicly posted on Just One Chesed. Please note that removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of said content or information from the Internet.
How to Contact Us
For questions or comments please send them to email@example.com .
We are committed to making your time on Just One Chesed rewarding and socially interactive while respecting your privacy. We are excited to continue building on our growing base of active volunteers and nonprofit professionals, and we look forward to your feedback and suggestions leading us toward the best combination of open exchange and personal privacy.
Last updated: 2/24/2021